Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Weekend at Fuzzy's



This past weekend I was a Volunteer Marshall at Fuzzy Zoeller's "Wolf Challenge" Golf Tournament. My responsibility was Crowd Control between #11 green and #12 Tee Box. Sunday the "Crowds" never exceeded 8-10 people at any given time in our area. I worked with 3 other marshalls, J. R. Harris, "Carolina Steve" Wilson, and Steve Stine. Monday, the crowd followed the 4 pro players playing wolf. The 4 pros were, Fuzzy, Boo Weekley, Rocco Mediate, and John Daly. We had nothing to do but sit until that group got to our hole. But, they had so much security and marshall's with them that when they came through the Security People kind of pushed us aside and said "We'll handle it". So, it was fun but I really didn't have a lot to do.

One of the highlights of the weekend was Sunday when I was getting off the shuttle bus at the IUS parking lot. The guy behind me said "Hey, are you Bob Tabler?" and I turned around and met Biggs Tabler. He'd seen my name on my small cooler I was carrying. Many times during my life I've been asked if I was kin to Biggs Tabler, and I'd never met him. We talked awhile then parted. Having been asked so many times in my life, I'm glad I finally got to meet Biggs Tabler.

2 comments:

KimT said...

I get asked ALL the time if I am related to Biggs Tabler. Really, like once a month probably. Last time was by Erin's allergist. I'm sure the next time will be sometime soon.

Unknown said...

It looks like some kind of alien!

--
Jenifer
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems