Thursday, August 27, 2009

Not so bad golf at Iroquois



I played Iroquois GC today. As happens sometime we started on the back nine. I shot a 38 - 40 = 78. Pretty Good, if I do say so myself. I walked the first nine, but I sweated so much I didn't think my body would take walking another nine, so I rented a cart. I've been hotter, I think, on a golf course, but I don't think I've ever sweated so much. It was pouring off me in buckets. Same with the other players. It only cost me $7.50 to rent a cart for 9 holes and it was well worth it.

I can't believe my 78 didn't win me any money. I was beaten out by Ed who shot an 83, with a 16 stroke handicap to my 10 stroke handicap. Oh well, it was a moral victory.

I hit 13 of 18 Greens in regulation (GIR) today. I've never really kept track of that but I have to believe that is a record for me. I've had trouble all summer hitting my 7 and 9 wood. Consistently hitting them off the toe and to the right. I think I have corrected it. So simple. I'm standing just a little bit closer to the ball. Duh! Why it took my so long to figure that out I don't know.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I motion that we have a meeting to discuss your handicap for the trip in October. I'm sure all the guys will be willing to listen about your sub-80 rounds and give you a "fair" handicap.