Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Walking 18 holes at Shawnee

 

I played Shawnee GC today.  I walked the whole 18 holes.  That's the first time I've done that for a pretty good while.  I've walked 9 and ridden 9 a few times, but it's been a while since I've walked the whole 18.  And......it'll be the last time for a pretty good while.  I'm playing again Thursday.  But this will be at Iroquois GC, and it's supposed to be upper 80's.  So, with the hilly terrain and the warmer temps, I'm planning on riding the whole 18 then.
I didn't play very good today.  Hit decent shots, but my putting was terrible.  One of those days when you're standing over a putt and 'have no idea'.  "Just hope I can get it close".  I ended up with a pretty good back nine, but it could have been very good if I could have putted.  I shot a 44 - 39 = 83.  Not a bad score, but could have been so much better with a little putting.  Oh well, this was round 37 for the year, and with one more round we'll have to putt the game on 'pause' for awhile.

No comments: