Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Annual BubbaLou Golf Scramble!

We played our end of the year "BubbaLou" Golf Scramble today at Shawnee GC.  This is the 3rd Scramble in a row that our team really played well!  We finished 10 under, 5 under on the front and 5 under on the back.  This tournament is a little different on determining winners.  They draw another team to partner with you on the front nine, and another team on the back nine, with your scores added together.  So, our 29 on the front was 'partnered' with a 32, and our total 61 came in second.  We tied the back nine and got back $20 for our efforts.  I believe -10 was about as good as our team could play.  We all contributed, and had a lot of fun.  In a scramble, a team really doesn't want to use me drives because they're never very long.  And long is what you want in a Scramble.  But, I consistently hit nice drives down the middle and took the pressure off our other players so they could hit better drives.  I did help with a few nice shots to the green and made a few putts.  So, all in all, we worked well together as a team. and had about as good a score as we could have expected. 
My time for playing golf is coming rapidly to a close.  Only another week before I'll be taking off for a short stretch.  I'm looking forward to getting back out about mid-November!

No comments: