Thursday, September 19, 2013

Round 38 FTY, and now to go in a holding pattern

I played my 38th round of the year today.  We played Iroquois GC.  Just like Tuesday, I had a bad front nine but a good back nine.  I shot a 46 - 37 = 83.  I had two birdies on the back nine and was even par going to 18, but had a bogey.
One unusual thing happened during this round.  On hole number 3, which is a par 3, I hit my tee shot over the green and into the creek behind the green.  The other 3 players hit the green with their tee shots.  So, I had to take a drop out of the creek.  I then chipped it in!  For a nice par.  The other 3 guys all 3 putted for bogey.  So, after hitting it into the creek and the other three hitting the green, the only par made was me!
Well, I didn't tell the guys I play golf with that I'm heading in for surgery.  I let Gene McDonald know I wouldn't be playing next week, but that's all I said.  A couple of them think I'm just going on vacation for a week.  I'll let them know after I'm out of the hospital  that it'll be awhile before I can play again.  Meanwhile, I'll be stuck on round 38 for awhile!

No comments: