Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hmmm.......Good Golf at Weissinger Hills GC

Good Grief!  Charlie Brown!  I played good golf at Weissinger Hills.  I shot a 39 - 38 = 77!  And, yes, I played good!  It seemed that all parts of my game came together today.  Of course, it could have been better, but I have to be pleased with the round and how I played.  I birdied 3 holes....8, 15, and 16.  I played with Greg Lynn and I give him 2 strokes a side....not nearly enough today Greg!  Sorry!And, if you think the course played easy today, ask Greg.  He shot a 93.
The only part of my game that I thought was a little weak today was my driving.  I hit some good drives, but a lot of them just weren't hit well.  They turned out OK, down the middle and out of trouble, but I know I didn't catch them solid.  A few of them were in on the heel and thin....which made my drives low and with a little fade.  But, they were hit good enough that they were out there far enough and in the middle of the fairway.  So, I guess, my 'misses' weren't really bad shots, just not my best.
Also, this was the first time I played Weissinger and they had 'Senior Tees'.  We played the first 6 or 7 holes from the white tees before we noticed that they had Senior, "Silver" Tees, which have been added since I last played there.  J. R. is gonna be thrilled to hear they now have Senior Tees.  Some of the holes there isn't much difference, but a few of the holes they really help.  That's going to make a difference when ever we play the 'Slyder Cup' there.  This was round 35 for the year.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

2,4,6,8,
who do we appreciate....
Bob!! Bob!!! Bob!!!!!!