Thursday, June 13, 2013

Breaking 80 for the 3rd time this year

I played Iroquois today for my 20th round of the year.  As at Shawnee, we moved one of the holes back to make it a par 5.  Those of you familiar with Iroquois GC know hole #12, a long par 4.  So, we moved back to the blue tees and made it a par 5.  This gives us 3 par 5's in a row on the back nine.  I shot a 40 - 39 = 79 today.  My only double bogey was on #18.  I guess you can say I choked!  I'm still not hitting my tee shots as well as I have been.  But they were OK.  The bad part of my game today was my fairway woods.  I just didn't hit them well at all.  The rest of my game was all OK, but I would have to give my fairway woods a failing grade.  I hit a lot of them a little fat, and a lot of them off the toe of the club.  These shots weren't terrible, but they just didn't measure up.  I didn't get into trouble with any of them, but instead of hitting green on par 4's and having a short iron in on par 5's, I had to hit small wedges and long irons.  I did chip and putt pretty well.
My team did win low team today, so I got $9 back.  That's 3 times in a row I've won a little money.  My handicap at both courses is 10, and I think I'm due to have it drop a stroke.  Anyway, I hope that's all it drops!

2 comments:

mary lynn said...

Yaaaay for you.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Yaaaay for you!!!!!