Saturday, June 22, 2013

Playing Shawnee GC on the Weekend

I played Shawnee GC today with Mark and Matt Wagner.  I don't like playing a City Course on weekends because it costs me twice as much as it does during the week.  I get the Senior rate on weekdays of $7.75 Green Fee.  Weekends, there is no Senior Rate and the Green Fee is $14.75. 
It was pretty hot today, so I was just able to walk the front nine and had to rent a cart on the back nine for another $8.00.  I know this is not a lot of money, but if I expect to play a couple of times a week I need to keep my expenses down as much as I can.
I don't know what happened to my drives.  I just lost it a couple of weeks ago.  I was hitting the ball so well off the tee.  Now, I don't know where they're going, and the ball doesn't go very far.  Maybe I'll get it back.  I didn't play well today but still managed to shoot a 41 - 40 = 81.  I guess that's pretty good.  But I know it should have been 5-6 strokes better.  I think Mark and I tied, but I believe Matt shot an 80 to beat us by one stroke.
I'm not sure how to handle the heat this summer.  I know I'm now one of those people who are supposed to heed the Heat Advisories.  So, I think I'm going to have to really curtail my golfing during the hottest part of the summer.  And, when I do play, I'm going to have to ride a cart and not even try walking.  So, I'll probably have to quit playing on Tuesdays for awhile and just play on Thursday at Iroquois.  I don't know, I'm still trying to decide what to do.
This was round 22 for the year.

No comments: