Thursday, November 6, 2008

More bad golf

Well, I played Quail Chase GC today and shot 48 - 48 ---96. I got off the tee well and putted pretty well, but I guess the rest of the game kinda sucked. Today was the first day the leaves started to fall in earnest. It was tough putting on the greens with all the leaves and finding balls out of the fairway was time consuming and slowed us down a lot. I'm a pretty fast player, and I hate slow play. It seemed like we were constantly looking for balls. I found out a couple of weeks ago that my average drives only go around 180-185 yards. So par 4's of 380 yards or more I just can't reach in 2.
I didnt' play to well today but I won all the money! I guess the level of competion helped.
Bob 96
J. R. 108
Harold 98
Buddy 89
We played the Poker Chip game. Brian is familiar with it. I only ended up with one chip, and it was a good chip, (Sugar). Nobody birdied or chipped one in all day, so those chips were never used.
It was fun. Looks like today may be the last nice day for awhile.

No comments: