Sunday, November 9, 2008

Attacking slow play on the Golf Course

I've played golf with a lot of people in my life. I've played with very slow people and.... Bobby Flood. Bobby is the fastest player I've ever played with. If you've just birdied a hole, don't expect to have honors if you don't get to the next tee first. That's Bobby. He plays ready golf and he's always ready! I like playing golf with people like that.
Some people are just deliberate golfers. I don't have a problem with that. That's what makes them feel comfortable then I'm fine with it. There's a difference between playing slow and playng deliberate.
One thing I notice with almost everyone I play with causes slow play. I'm talking about when riding a cart. When you hit a shot, get in the cart with your club and go to the ball. Put your club away when you get out the next club you want. When you leave the green, get in the cart with your putter in hand and drive to the next tee. Put your putter away when getting out your driver. This would save so much time, but almost nobody does it.
I'll probably bring up other ways to speed you up on the golf course in future posts. But, in the meanwhile, the next time you play in a cart, try the above tip on speeding up play. It may take a while for it to become habit, but it will held speed things up for everyone without rushing your golf game. Thanks!

1 comment:

Brian said...

AND DON'T PLAY WITH OLD PEOPLE! Just kidding.