Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Round 9.....and Round 30.......What?

I played Shawnee GC today for Round 30 of the year!  I played well, but my putting Stunk!  I shot a 41 - 41 = 82, but if I'd have putted better it could have been easily 6 or 7 shots better.  I mean, missed short putts, long putts left 6 feet short, then missed the short one.  I had a 6 foot birdie putt and left it short dead in the middle!  I can't complain about an 82, but Wow, it could have been so much better.

Now, for the 9.  I have played 9 straight round of golf with this same yellow ball.  I play with balls I find.  I can't remember the last time I actually got out a new ball to play with.  If you'll remember what I said before....I play with a WIFL ball.  When people ask me what type ball I play with, it's WIFL...Whatever I Found Last!  Awhile back I noticed I had 4 yellow balls in my bag, so I thought I'd go ahead and use them to get rid of them.  Well, I always play with one ball and have another in my right hand pocket.  I've had the same two balls for the last 9 rounds, using the one in the picture and the other one has stayed in my pocket.  So, I'm going to use this ball for one more round, to have a nice round number of 10 rounds, then retire it!  I just know I'm going to lose this ball on my next round of golf, but we'll see how it goes.  I would doubt if anyone reading this blog has ever used the same ball for 9 complete 18 hole rounds of golf.  Yes, it's showing a little wear....with at least 3 cart path marks on it.  But, it's still good enough to play in my book!  They aren't Serious cart path marks.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

Yaaaay little yellow ball.