Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Muggy Morning, Beautiful Afternoon

There was a big difference from the front nine to the back nine today.  I played Shawnee GC for the 33rd round of the year today.  Didn't play that bad, but still had a few bad shots that cost me.  Plus, I still can't seem to make those putts that save that par.  I shot a 42 - 40 = 82.  On the putts, I leave a lot of them just short, but dead in the middle of the cup.  I'm reading the greens OK, but not getting the putts to the hole.  I need to be a little more aggressive with my putts.  I can make those little 3 footers coming back, so why not make sure I get the putt to the hole?  I tell myself that, but then still leave the putt short.
As for the difference from back nine to front nine.  The weather really changed around noon.  The front nine it was very muggy after the all night rain and warm temperature this morning.  But, the wind picked up around noon with a cool breeze coming out of the north.  The humidity dropped, and the back nine was perfect weather for golf.  Maybe that's why I played a little better on the back.  I also walked the front nine, but rode a cart on the back nine. 
It was fun, I just wish I could put another good round together and get rid of all those bad shots.  Also, start sinking some putts.  It's not that I don't make any putts, I make a few.  But so many 6 - 8 footers are missed that I know making 4 or 5 of them would really improve an already decent score.  Such is golf.

No comments: