Thursday, August 8, 2013

Round 31 completed

I played round 31 for the year today.  I shot a 41 - 38 = 79.  A good score, but I hit a lot of bad shots today.  Most of them irons from the fairway or chips, and almost all of them that were bad were hit thin, or sculled.  Other than that, I played pretty good.  I did finish my tenth round with the same little yellow ball.  It's now retired.  I almost lost it on the 9th hole, when I hit it out of bounds.  I watched it closely and was able to go find it.  The 9th hole was my only really bad hole, getting a triple bogey on that hole.  So, with a nice par on 9 I could have had a 38 - 38, but that triple bogey really zooms up a score.
While waiting on the 9th tee, I looked around in the weeds behind the tee box for balls.  I found a little yellow ball, exactly like the one I've been playing with, and brand new!  So, I think I'll start a string of 10 rounds of golf with that one and see how far I get.

1 comment:

mARY lYNN said...

This little ball will probably be your hole in one ball.