Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Round 2 for the Year in the Books!

My prediction of 43 - 45 = 88 was pretty close.  Today's round was 44 - 43 = 87.  It's nice to get out on the course this time of year no matter what.  But, the greens leave a lot to be desired.  Of course, this time of year they aren't cut or rolled, so they're very slow and bumpy.  It's really hard to get the speed right on a long putt.
Just as I thought I would, I had a lot of bad holes today.  My goal when I start is to not have anything worse than a bogey for the 18 holes.  Well, I took all the pressure off after doubling the first hole with a big 7 on the par 5.  I had a couple of other double bogeys, plus one triple on a par three, #12.  So, with all those bad holes, I did manage to have a few good holes to keep the score down and respectable.  I'll take an 87 in January.  I've had them often enough in the middle of the summer!

No comments: