Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Round O-N-E for the Year

When you play a round of golf on January the 8th you would expect the weather to be like the picture.  But, it was pretty nice today, considering it's January 8th.
I finished the year of 2012 shooting 58 rounds of golf where I played my own ball.  I'd guess at least 10 more rounds counting Scrambles and other off the wall type golf rounds.  I don't think I'll reach 58 rounds this year because I plan on taking off a lot of hot days this summer.  Doctor's Orders!
So, today we played our usual Tuesday round at Shawnee GC.  I shot a 39 - 41 = 80.  Not bad for this time of year....well, I guess not bad for any time of year.   Like I've said before, my handicap didn't climb enough before the season ended to make me competitive for low net score.  I feel pretty good about my round.  Of course, looking back on the round I know there were a lot of shots I didn't hit well, but not playing for a couple of weeks, cold weather, and being bundled up, I think the round was pretty good, overall.  I'm satisfied.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! Our course is still covered with snow. It's supposed to get up to 60 on Saturday but with the melted snow I think it's going to be too wet to play.
Julie

PS...You're off to a good start in fantasy golf with a week one win!