Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Round 3 for the Year was a Little Muddy!

Sloshing up some of the Fairways at Shawnee GC today I kinda felt like this guy.  I hit the ball in one bunker today and when I went in, every step I took my shoes got heavier and heavier.  Shawnee's bunkers after having water stand in them for a while have a little mud.  When I walked throught he mud and then on the sand, the mud stuck to the bottom of my spikes and then as I walked across the sand, it just caked on even more!  It was not a bad day for this time of year, though, and I was glad to get in a round.  The course was soft and muddy, and a slight breeze from the West was cold, the ball didn't carry very well, and the greens hadn't been cut or rolled for a good while.  But, I managed to play pretty well.

I shot a 41 - 39 = 80.  Pretty good for this time of year.  I almost won some money!  Only lost by a stroke on the back nine, and 3 strokes for the 18 holes. My 10 handicap lost to an 18 handicap!  Hard to beat that many strokes.   I putted well today, even though they didn't fall.  I had a lot of long putts that rolled over the edge and stopped a bout 6 - 12 inches behind the hole.  A couple of those putts fall, and I'm in the money!  But, you can't complain about a putt like that from 30-40 feet on a slow, bumpy green.
I was satisfied with my round today, even though I did have way too many really bad shots.  I made a lot of really good shots to make up for it.  It looks like Thursday will be a pretty good golf day, too.  This will be the first time I've had 2 golf days in the same week this year!

No comments: