Monday, January 28, 2013

Winter blogs equal Winter blahs

I haven't played golf for 3 weeks now.  However, it looks like tomorrow might be a day that is playable.  If so, I'll have another blog entry for tomorrow.  I'll predict right now.....43 - 45 = 88.  After sitting for 3 weeks I can see a lot of bad shots tomorrow, plus, it will be extra muddy with little or no roll on my tee shots.
If you're a regular reader of my blog you've seen pictures of our Slyder Cup Teams.  Here we are at Churchill Downs this Fall.  Harold Goad, far left, used some of the pictures we've taken in our Slyder Cup Tournaments and had a Calendar made and gave us a copy for Christmas.  This was the January picture. Pretty handsome bunch, right?  This Spring it's our turn to host the Tournament.  J. R. and I decide when, where, and the exact format.  We'll probably try for sometime in March.  The weather should be good enough then to plan on playing.
I went out looking for a new 9-wood recently.  You can't find them.  New sets come out with a normal 1-3-5 wood, sometimes they add a 7-wood.  Never a 9-wood.  I guess I could find one on line, but I'd like to at least hold it in my hands before I purchased it if I can't hit a few balls with it.  However, I may have to try and find one and order it on line.  Hate to, but that may be my only alternative.  There's nothing wrong with my 9-wood, it's just that I'd like the head to be a little bigger.  After using my other woods, the 9-wood seems so small and I do mis-hit a lot of shots...usually out off the toe of the club.  So, maybe with a little bigger head, those toe shots would still be hit with a lot of the club and I would get better results.  Plus, that 9-wood I have is getting a little age on it....I think it's probably 15 years old now.  I don't think updating after 15 years is trying to buy a game.

No comments: