Tuesday, November 27, 2012

One Triple Bogey on Each Nine

I played round 55 for the year at Shawnee GC today.  It was pretty cold starting out. I wore my ear covers, playing gloves, and had two 'Hot Hands' in my pockets.
The sun was out and by the time we made the turn it was tolerable.  I took off my gloves.
I triple bogeyed a hole on each nine.  That tends to fatten up your score.  Other than those two holes, I didn't play too bad.  I shot a 44 - 42 = 86.  I hit nice 3-woods today, which doesn't always happen.  But, my irons were poor.  I chipped and putted well, and hit nice tee shots.  So, I think my biggest problem today, and what fattened up my score, was those pesky iron shots.  One problem is that I don't have a good 3, 4, and 5 iron.  The ones I got with my set were 'offset', and I pulled them really bad.  Couldn't keep from it.  So, I removed them and put in 3 irons from another set that I don't like, either.  So now I don't know what to do.  I just don't have a club to hit shots from 125-155 yards.  And that range comes up a lot on the golf course.
Anyway, my 86 today I'm sure won't win me any money, but it felt good to get out this time of year.  Thursday looks like it may be a good golf day, too.

No comments: