Friday, November 23, 2012

Round 54 on a Windy Day!

It was a beautiful day except for one thing, it was WINDY!  And, it was blowing from the North and Northeast, blowing in very cold weather.  So, wind was a cold wind.  When there was a pause in the gusts, it really felt nice out.  Plus, with the wind blowing hard like that this time of year, leaves really blew around.  It was hard standing over a tee shot and over a putt with leaves scooting by.
I played OK today.  Not good, but OK.  I missed a couple of short putts, about 3-4 footers, that I should have made.  I ended u shooting 40 - 45 = 85 at Shawnee GC.  My handicap of 9 netted me a 76.  I'm sure this wasn't good enough to win any money today.  There's a slight chance that my 40, net 35 1/2 might win the front, but I would doubt it.  It usually isn't good enough to even be close, but with the wind today, who knows?  I did walk the 18 today, and it felt good to walk after eating all that turkey yesterday.  Of course, when I got home I heated up a nice left-over plate of turkey and dressing.

No comments: