Monday, February 2, 2009

OK, I've got some Ice Storm pictures, too.....







It seems to be a very popular post, all the ice storm pictures and stories. I took a lot of pictures around Louisville, but I'm just going to post 3 pictures that I think gives a good indication of all the damage.
I'm not sure how these will appear on my post and in what order, but by my description you'll be able to tell which picture I'm talking about even if it's not "picture No. 1". Click on the pictures to make them bigger, which I recommend.
1.. This picture was taken on Rosewood Ave., a block behind the house. I liked this one because it really shows how the trees were bent over from the ice. Usually, these trees are standing straight up.
2. This is our street. The big branch in the foreground fell across the street about 50 yards in front of me as I was walking up the street. In the background you can see the street was already closed with a tree down and an electric line down.
3. This was taken at the intersection of Lexington Rd and Cannons Lane. The view is looking down Cannons Lane towards Sececa Park from Lexington Road.

No comments: