Friday, February 13, 2009

Kentucky Bourbon Tax

When I started my blog, I said I would stay away from politics and religion. Well, I have to make one little comment about this new tax they are passing on Bourbon. Out of the 120 counties in Kentucky, 55 of them are dry! They won't pay any of this tax, but they're going to share in the money collected! Hardly seems fair to me. Also, Jefferson and Fayette Counties will, I'm sure, pay well more than their fair share, but won't get the money returned to them at the same rate it goes in to Frankfort. Seems to me like it would be more fair to tax Baptist Churches.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, churches is a good thing to tax. There are so many, Tom says there are so many, people have to wear name tags so they don't go to the wrong one.

Brian said...

Testify!

Kevin said...

I agree. Alcohol is already taxed quite a lot. If Southeast Christian can house their pastor at Regency Woods, then they can pay tax.
Aside: unless one or the other has changed recently, Bourbon County is dry and Christian County is wet. I think that's funny.