Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bad Golf Round 3 for 2009

I played Shawnee GC today with the normal tuesday group. There were 12 of us that showed up today. We had a little frost delay before we teed off of about half an hour. I shot a 43 - 41 - - 84. This time of year I'm very pleased with that. The temperature was probably in the mid 30's when we teed off but mid-40's when we finished. I've really been trying to work on taking my club away slowly on my swing, and following through. Those are my two swing thoughts, slow take away, and follow through. I had 3 triple bogeys today and still shot an 84. I had a lot of pars. My putting and chipping was good today. That's the way I was playing late summer, but lost my chipping touch. Maybe I'm getting that back. Overall, I was pleased with the way I played and was very pleased with being able to get out at all this time of year!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

3 triple bogeys?! I haven't had one all year!

Brian said...

My swing thought this time of year is to start my down swing slow. It helps me make solid contact. Good round Pop. I think I'll adjust your handicap down a few strokes.