Thursday, November 18, 2010

A wet day at Iroquois GC

It was a cold, damp morning at Iroquois GC when we started out today, but after about 8 holes the drizzle and light rain came to a stop.  It did get a little colder, though.  I played terrible.  Mostly my putting.  I can't make any putts now.  I shot a 46 - 42 = 88.  The rest of my game wasn't that bad, but the putting really drags me down.  I even made some pretty good chips today, but couldn't convert the short putts.  The only consolation is that it will raise my handicap, which at Iroquois GC is down to an '8'.  So my 88 today netted me an 80!  The highest net round of the day in our group. We played two 'fivesomes' today, because we had ten people show up and nobody else was on the course.  Even playing bad and playing in bad weather, it was fun.  I enjoyed the round.  I'm sure my putting will return in time.  This was round 69 for the year.

No comments: