Thursday, February 14, 2013

Another Round of Golf in the books for the Year!

Any round of golf you can get in this time of year is a good round.  I know that.  But, it's still my least favorite time of year to play golf.  It's cold, so you have to be bundled up.  All the grass is dead, so there's no grass to hit off .  The greens are usually slow and bumpy.  The ground is soft, so you get NO roll, and hitting shots off soft, muddy, no grass fairways is not easy.  But, like I said, any round of golf you can get in this time of year is a good round.
So, I didn't play well.  Besides the conditions, I've been off for about 10 days trying to recover from a Cold.  I played Iroquois GC today and shot a 45 - 43 = 88.  My handicap at Iroquois is 9, so that netted me a 79.  You just have to be around 70 to even think about being low man for the day, and the Team needs to average in the low 70's to win Team.  Needless to say, I wasn't low man, and I didn't help our team!
Besides playing poorly, I got caught with a low handicap during our "Winter Freeze" on handicap adjustments.  So, I have to live with my handicap until Spring. 

No comments: