Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Golf Rounds for the Year is winding to a close....

It was C-O-L-D out there today!  I thought it was supposed to be a nice day.  Forecast, Sunny, high of 51.  I know, that's not summer weather, but this time of year, it's pretty good.  But, the sun finally came out on the 17th hole.  So, overcast, breezy, damp cold.  I didn't bring my hand warmers or ear covers because I figured I wouldn't need them today.  It was cold! 
We played Shawnee GC in our usual Tuesday golf group.  I shot my usual mid 80's score, with a 43 - 42 = 85.  He's decided not to change the handicaps all winter, so I'm stuck with my handicap.  I was playing well during the summer and I haven't played well since I was off for awhile, and when I came back I didn't get in enough rounds to get my handicap back up to where I'm playing now.  So, I'll suffer through the winter with a handicap lower than what I'm playing.  It'll be tough to win any money, so I'll just have to enjoy the fun of playing.  I walked 18 today.  I didn't get really tired, but my knees and hips started to hurt on about hole number 14.  I think going on 4 hours on my feet without sitting down at all is just a little more than my old arthritic joints can stand.  Once again I'll mention how benches are needed on the course LOCATED WHERE WALKERS CAN USE THEM!

Round 58 for the year.

No comments: