Thursday, December 13, 2012

Round 57 for the Year in the Bag!

The end of the year is coming fast!  Today was round 57 for the year.  With the weather, not too sure I'll get many more, if any, rounds the rest of the year.
I played Iroquois GC today in my usual Thursday game.  I shot a 43 - 41 = 84.  Didn't play bad, but several really bad shots cost me a lot.  I still haven't gotten my game back to where it was in July.  I can't play double-bogey free golf without any really terrible shots.
I hit good tee shots today...at least with my driver.  Can't say much for my par 3 tee shots.  As a matter of fact, they were pretty bad.  I hit one green in regulation out of 5.  One of those holes was one of my double bogeys.  That one I hit my tee shot in the sand, just barely got out of the bunker, and then didn't chip close enough to one putt. 
So, the end of the year is coming up.  My 57 rounds this year won't be matched next year.  I think my total rounds will be down quite a bit.  I don't plan on playing in extremely hot weather.  I've been told I shouldn't.  So, next year with the temperature over 90 or under 40 degrees, I'm sitting it out.  I hate to, but the Doc says it's just too much on the heart.  Even riding.  I plan on trying to walk on nice days, but I'm afraid in the middle of summer, I'll miss a lot of golf.

1 comment:

Brian said...

You can move to Hawaii. I hear it's nice there this (and every) time of year.