Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The last of the 'Big Tree' comes down at last

 They took down the last of the big tree today.  It was fun watching them, but in order to get a good view I had to go outside in the cold.  I should have asked them to come back in better weather.
I was surprised the cut the whole trunk down at once.  I thought it would come down in pieces.
The cut the big trunk in half when it was down and hauled it away with half on the trailer and the other half on the big crane truck.
Here he was notching the bottom for it to fall towards the house.
They slowly lowered it down into the yard.



Then loaded half on the trailer and the other half onto the crane truck.  When they loaded this piece on the trailer, it was a little to long, so they cut off the end of it and the piece fell on the driveway and put a hole there.  I guess they'll fix it.  It's not in the part I park on, but I'm not sure it's not on my property.  I'll check later.

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

That was quite an operation - with little room to work in. Like the step-by-step pics.