Monday, December 20, 2010

Jillian.....You crack me up!

Last night Jillian and I were sitting in my chair talking abour the movie "The Wizard of Oz". I was trying to get the feel for how scared she would be to watch it. We talked about how it wasn't so scary if you knew things would turn out OK.  Like, when the witch captures Dorothy and takes her to her castle, you know the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion will save her.  Jill "Yeah, but I don't think I want to watch it."  Me "Maybe when you're older, probably when you get to be six years old." Jill, thinking a second, "Mmmm......probably when I'm nineteen."

Then, this morning, Mimi was fixing cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Jillian was watching TV layed back on the Love Seat pillows.  "Are the cinnamon rolls ready yet?"  Mimi, "No Jillian, it'll be about five more minutes."  Jillian, in her deep voice, "Cinnamon rolls.......I can smell you!"

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

Ha! Never a dull moment, right Grampie?!