Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Finding more "Bling"


I found this batch at St. Matthias, beside the basketball court. The small piece, I don't know if it's off an earring or necklace. The large $ sign I'm sure came off a necklace. I also don't have any idea if they are silver. I didn't find any old coins. I consider 'old' as either silver coins or wheat back pennies. Even though, if you look closely, the middle top penny is a 1959. That penny is 50 years old.Some people might call that an 'old' coin. But, I call 'good' pennies 1982 or earlier. After 1982 they changed the composition to 99% zinc and the pennies start to corrode as soon as they're in the ground. Check out the difference in the pennies on the left side of the photo and the pennies on the right side of the photo. The pennies on the right are all newer, but look a whole lot worse!

No comments: