Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mistletoe


Today Mary Lynn and I went to Erin and Jill's Music Class at a Church in Anchorage. Just behind the parking lot was a tree full of mistletoe. It had more mistletoe in it than any tree I've ever seen. Each batch of growth you see in this tree is mistletoe, it was completely bare of leaves. I've also noticed over the years there is a lot of mistletoe in the trees along I-64 near Seneca Golf Course, and on Newburg Road and Trevillian Way. I haven't really noticed it in very many other places.

4 comments:

Mark said...

I always want to get to the mistletoe, especially right before Christmas, but it's always waaayyy too high to get to. How does it know to grow where you can't reach it?

Bad Bob said...

This is why in the country the way to harvest mistleto is with a shotgun...

Bad Bob said...

This is why in the country the way to harvest mistletoe is with a shotgun...

Mark said...

That was a double-barrel comment, Dad!

I use a shotgun to harvest it in the city, too. When people look at me funny, I just tell them I'm trying to get my cat down.