Saturday, January 3, 2009

First Round of Golf for the Year

J. R. called me this morning and suggested we play Shawnee G.C. today. The rain was looking like it would hold off for awhile, so I thought, what the heck.
I played fairly well. Shot an 89. Didn't putt well at all, but I think my game is coming back around. If I'd have putted half way decent, it could have been mid-to-lower 80's, which I could be satisfied with. J. R. shot a 94, so I beat him. But as you have read on other posts, I need to beat J. R. by at least 10 shots or I'm not satisfied. Still, haven't been over 90 this year! It felt good to get out and walk 18 holes . I needed the exercise.

2 comments:

Brian said...

I haven't beaten you this year. I guess you should start giving me strokes.

Kevin said...

Guess you didn't have a problem with adding the feature...
here's one of his I like
"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny."