Wednesday, December 10, 2008

CHRISTMAS BONUSES




Christmas Bonus. Definition: Gifts given to others to open upon receipt, usually well before Christmas; Gifts above and beyond the normal giving limit.






Mary Lynn and her sister, Julie, have had a tradition of giving "Christmas Bonuses". Mainly because they can't pass up something they think the other would love, just because they've already bought their Christmas present. Now, I'm not talking about buying 1 or 2 things for the other, I'm talking about 6-8 Christmas Bonus Presents! This Shop-a-holic condition is very disturbing. Julie's daughters, Beth and Susie, have been seriously considering having an "Intervention" for her.

I bring this up at this time because this problem has hit a new low this week. They have dragged, kicking and screaming, my two granddaughters into this sordid world. Beth, Susie....we need to work fast!
P.S. Mark Tabler says: "I'm glad somebody got a Christmas Bonus this year!"










2 comments:

Brian said...

I heard the president say, "if not for the Christmas bonus, and I am referring to the Julie-Mary Lynn bonus specifically, our country's economy would have been in a depression years earlier..."

KimT said...

A new low?? Kicking and screaming?? Grandpa, now let's get this straight. Christmas bonuses are just like the Tabler Birthday Season, which if I am not mistaken was invited by a male Tabler. They just make Christmas last that much longer. And those girls don't look too unhappy to me.
Guess I'll be taking your Christmas Bonus back!