Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Getting rid of 45 years accumulation

Mary Lynn and I have talked about it since I retired over 6 years ago.  We knew we needed to eventually move into a home we could manage a little easier.  That is, smaller, or 'no' yard, little, or no steps, etc.  We still want a place that we can have the family over and have enough room. 
But right now, it's downsizing our possessions so that we can fit into a smaller place.  This has been a real job and we've only been at it for a little less than two weeks.  The boys have been great.  A lot of help.  The yard sale was a success, and what didn't sell was sent to Cedar Lake Lodge.
Now we have my Coke and Derby collectibles.  Coke on the left, Derby on the right.  Brian gets all my Coke stuff and Kevin gets all my Derby stuff.  They may not want it, but they've got it! Mark got all my coins, but he got them a few years ago.
Today I sold all my old LP albums.  I don't listen to them anymore, so it wasn't hard to do.  I took them to Half Price Books, and got a whopping $20 for about 130 albums.  I took about 60 golf clubs and 5 bags down to Shawnee GC for the First Tee program.  I've taken one carload of scrap lumber over to the Louisville Sanitation collection Center, plus a TV and 2 old VCR's.  Garbage day was yesterday, and we had a full can since the first time in I can't remember when.  Tomorrow I'm taking a load of hazardous material to the HazMat Collection Center on Grade Lane.  Things like oil based paint, yard chemicals, etc.  I'll still need to take another load to the Sanitation collection Center.
But, all in all, we're getting there.  The basement actually has some storage space now, and we need to move some things from the upstairs to the basement to reduce the 'cluttered' look.  We're hoping to have the house on the market on September 2nd, Tuesday.  Of course, that's if we can get done the rest of the things we need to do.  I need to get the grass cut, and weed around the walkway out back.  The weather is not cooperating at all.  It's just been miserably hot to try and do anything outdoors.  I'm just going to have to suck it up and get those things done.  Mary Lynn has been like Superwoman!  Or, the Energizer Bunny.  She just keeps going and going.  She puts me to shame.  I've done a lot, but she's done twice as much as I have. 

3 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

Yep, we'll be minus a basement and family room. What a challenge. But we can do it.

Candace Parnell said...

I want to thank Emu Temple for the accurate readings he gave me and for also helping me bring back my lover.. If you are here and you are having any relationship problem please Contact Emu Temple on Via Email: emutemple@gmail.com OR Via WhatsApp +2347012841542 and result is 100% guarantee and He do lot more as:*Love Spells*Lost Love Spells*Divorce Spells*Stop Divorce Spell*Marriage Spells*Binding Spells*Breakup Spells*You want to be promoted in your office*Want to satisfy your lover*Death Spell*Gay/Lesbian Love Spell*Court case Spell*Politics Spell*Good-luck Spell*Bad Luck Remover Spell*Do as i say Spell*General cleansing Spell*Herbal remedy for all kind of disease    
*Lottery Spell*Pregnancy Spell*Peins enlargement 

Candace Parnell said...

I want to thank Emu Temple for the accurate readings he gave me and for also helping me bring back my lover.. If you are here and you are having any relationship problem please Contact Emu Temple on Via Email: emutemple@gmail.com OR Via WhatsApp +2347012841542 and result is 100% guarantee and He do lot more as:*Love Spells*Lost Love Spells*Divorce Spells*Stop Divorce Spell*Marriage Spells*Binding Spells*Breakup Spells*You want to be promoted in your office*Want to satisfy your lover*Death Spell*Gay/Lesbian Love Spell*Court case Spell*Politics Spell*Good-luck Spell*Bad Luck Remover Spell*Do as i say Spell*General cleansing Spell*Herbal remedy for all kind of disease    
*Lottery Spell*Pregnancy Spell*Peins enlargement