Thursday, September 27, 2012

Still struggling on theGolf Course

I played Iroquois GC today on a wet Thursday.  We had about 3.3 inches of rain overnight, but it didn't rain on us on the golf course. 
I got pretty frustrated with my game on the front nine.  I shot a 45 - 39 = 84.  I hit really bad shots on the front nine.  I hit a few on the back nine, but managed to hit some really good shots, too.  So, that kinda made me feel a little better.  I hit my best drive of the day on hole #17, and probably the best drive I've hit in a couple of months.  I played the last 5 or 6 holes pretty good.  Maybe it's starting to come back.  Slowly, but maybe I'm starting to get that feel back in my swing.  I can't believe as bad as I've played the past month that my handicap is still at an 8.  My 84 today only netted me a 76.  To be low man for the day you need to be under 70 almost all the time.  I didn't hang around long enough today to know what won low man, but J. R. Harris in our foursome shot a 77 today with a 10 handicap for a 67 net.
Once again, I feel like I putted pretty well, overall.  A couple of short putts I kinda pulled it a little, but I've had a pretty good touch on the long putts, and have been able to make most 4-5 footers that are crucial in keeping your score down.
Round 42 for the year.  I played a total of 64 rounds last year.  Can I catch last years rounds?  We'll see.
Late note:  J. R. called me to let me know he won low man with his 67, and that we won low team with an average of 73.5.  He mainly wanted to brag about carrying us all day!

No comments: