Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Doctor Visit gives me all A+'s on my Report Card



Sure, medical records are Confidential Information, but, hell, I'm bragging!  Besides, I've worked hard for over two months now, changing my diet, going to Cardiac Rehab at 7am 3 mornings a week and working out on treadmills.  Plus I've lost at least 15 pounds.  So, here are the results of my blood work:





Desired Level                Bob's Level

Total Cholesterol                                                           Less than 200                    97

Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL)                                  Less than 70                       39
  Bad Cholesterol

High Density Lipoprotein  (HDL)                               Greater than 40                   42
  Good Cholesterol

Cholesterol/HDL Ratio                                                 Less than 4.5                       2.3
 
Triglycerides (A form of fat found in food)                  Less than 150                     106

So....Thank You, .....Thank You.......I can hear the applause building.  Shucks, it was nothin.  Now, hopefully, when I go to the Cardiac Surgeon he'll take me off a lot of this medication I'm on.  Besides, the less medication I'm on, the less guilty I'll feel when I forget to take those damn pills in the evening.

3 comments:

mary Lynn said...

I'm taking a little plug for myself here...of course you got A's. When you ask if we're having fries for dinner I say NO, that's not healthy. And we have baked sweet potatoes instead. And don't you dig those turkey burgers?? But I've got to hand it to you, you're doing great, great, great!!!!

Judith Bowman said...

Way to go! Lots of work involved, all the way around. We should all follow that routine!

Brian said...

very good news Pop.