Monday, June 2, 2014

GRAMPY TRIPLE CROWN SPECIAL

 Whenever I add a little something to a mix when I make it, I get to name it whatever I want.  During the summer I make lemonade, but when I pour it in a glass, I put a shot of orange juice with it and a Maraschino Cherry.  Usually, I make this for Erin and Jill and call it a "Grampy Special".  Now they ask for a "Grampy Special" and love them..
Derby Day two years ago I accidently put a Banana Nut and Blueberry Muffin Mix together, so they became "Derby Muffins".  Later, I added 3 blueberries to regular blueberry muffin mix and they became "Triple Crown Muffins".  One of Jill's favorites.
Today, Jillian came into the living room with a full glass of Grampy Special.  However, she said this was a "Grampy Triple Crown Special".  She had put in THREE Maraschino cherries!

No comments: