Tuesday, June 17, 2014

AFTER MANY MONTHS.....A GOLF POST

I haven't posted my golf rounds this year.  Mainly because I've been playing poorly.  But, we've also been playing a "Shamble" On Thursdays, and, I've always just counted and posted the rounds that I play my own ball.
Today we played Shawnee GC.  I played well for the first time this year, or since last fall when I had my second hip replacement.  When I got down to Shawnee today, I saw we had a large turn out.  I mentioned to several people that it would be a good day to play well.  The prize money would be pretty good today.  Well, I played well, but I left before I found out who won.  I shot a 40-39 = 79.  With my 14 handicap that gave me a 33 - 32 = 65.  I sure would hate to shoot that well and not win any money.  I've always hated to waste a good round.......lowering my handicap and not winning any money in the process.  However, I know the weather was hot today and that there should be a lot of good rounds shot today.  But, at least I have a horse in the race.  I'll keep you posted with a comment when I hear something.  It may be Thursday before I know, especially if I don't win.

1 comment:

Bad Bob said...

Nope! Didn't win any money. Also, shot a 73 in our "Shamble" Thursday and didn't get any money. 73 net 66!