Tuesday, May 20, 2014

After 35 plus years, my wallet finally gave up

I don't really know how long I've had this current wallet.  I know well over 30 years.  A wallet is one of those things you have, and they seem to last forever.  At least, that's the way men look at it.  I mean, they don't have to look nice.....just be functional.
 
But this one didn't last forever.  Almost....but it fell apart on the ends and wouldn't hold my cards.  So, I had to retire it.  Now, the funny thing is, I bought a wallet about 20 years ago at a yard sale and have been saving it for when this one wore out.  So, I had a replacement ready to go.  You can see the  wear, but you can't really tell how it fell apart on the right side.
So, I have a new wallet.  I'm sure this one will last me the rest of my life.  It's got a little breaking in to do. 

2 comments:

Judith Bowman said...

I think this is funny, Bobby. I don't know why, I just do.

Mark said...

I remember a dark brown, worn wallet. Must have been before this one!