Monday, May 19, 2014

50 years ago we graduated from Flaget High School

This past weekend our 1964 graduating class of Flaget High School had our 50 year reunion.
These six guys were the attending St. Matthias Grade School representatives.  This as also the nucleus of a very strong baseball team.  The six, l to r:  Dub Jansing, George Pearl, Duke Corey, Jim Livers, Bob Tabler, Mike Sills.  All but Jim Livers played baseball.  Dub and Mike were our starting pitchers, George our catcher, Duke 3rd base, and I played Center Field.
 
 
We had a great turn out for 50 years.  Of our 132 graduates we had 52 show up, with about 82 people total.  I can't show everybody, even though I think I got a picture of all of them.  In the front right of this picture is Charlie Pate.  Charlie went to school with Mary Lynn at St. Columba, Flaget with me, and we were also in the Navy together.  Charlie is the guy I hitchhiked home with from Memphis, TN.  That was one adventure. 
 
We tried to play golf at Woodhaven Friday but were rained out.  But the Sunday at the track was really fun.  Everybody seemed to have a great time and it was fun seeing so many old friends that I hadn't seen for many years.
.

No comments: